Today’s seniors are inundated with an explosion of senior care
tech products aimed at improving their independence and safety and enhancing their lives. In just a few clicks, they can instantly visit “live” with friends and family through Skype, wear a device that connects to emergency assistance if needed, even stay safe from wandering with special sensors attached to shoes or a shirt.
But how do you inspire seniors and their caregivers to change from a low-tech mindset to accept the available technology? A recent Caring.com survey showed that as few as 15% of families providing care for senior loved ones
are actually using technology.
The common problems.
- Many people view the use of certain technology, such as personal medical alert devices, as a sign of lost independence.
- Technical Assistance. Troubleshooting problems with technology causes many older adults and their caregivers to give up on trying to get the technology to perform correctly.
- Finding time to learn and try something new is particularly challenging for busy family members.
If you're ready to try and integrate a little technology into caregiving for a senior loved one but are facing these problems, call on Cascade Companion Care for help. Our patient and sensitive caregivers can help overcome the hurdles of senior care technology by:
- Making recommendations for senior care technology that suits a loved one's needs and personality
- Setting up and teaching you how to use the senior care technology
Whether it is setting up a personal medical alert system or teaching someone how to enjoy applications on a tablet device, we can help seniors remain connected to family and friends and enjoy a richly rewarding life. Contact Cascade Companion Care
to learn more about our senior care services throughout Edmonds, Arlington, Mukilteo, Lynnwood, Mountlake Terrace, Snohomish and the surrounding areas.