Choosing Excellent Caregivers
July 23, 2012
- Your application would be screened by our Human Resources Manager, who would check for depth of experience, credentials, English communication skills, and negative responses on all questions about pending or past criminal offenses.
- You would be invited to an interview with the Human Resources Manager and Case Managers. At the interview, you would usually be introduced to our owners.
- Your pre-interview packet would require written responses to 30 questions, permission to verify employment and references, and permission to conduct a background check and obtain fingerprints.
- Your oral interview would include questions touching on experience, training, attitudes toward seniors, strengths and weaknesses, problem solving and de-escalation, availability, motivation, and long term goals.
- A successful oral and written interview would result in external verification of citizenship status, federal and state background checks, and references from professional and personal references.
- Only with the weight of this accumulated information would you be sent an offer of employment.
- At the time of orientation, you would be required to present identification, proof of citizenship, copies of professional certifications (which would still be verified independently), proof of auto insurance, an abstract of driving records from the Department of Licensing, and a urine toxicology test. You would be provided with a written job description, employment contract, and 1 ½-2 hour orientation.
- You would receive deadlines for certification renewals and continuing education completion, which are tracked by staff.
- Only now would you be issued a Cascade Companion Care name tag and welcomed to our team!